Black Paint is an organic skincare brand, established in Kyoto 15 years ago by Miyuki Maeda. She found the formula to solve skin problems rooting from skin pores. The products are made from natural and organic materials which are blended from more than 100 types of plant oils, more than 50 types of essential oils and Kishu Binchotan Charcoal. It is known to have powerful beauty effects.
Look what's in the box?
It's time to start the cleansing and caring process while I talked about the individual products.
The Black Paint Soap is handmade using a high-grade white charcoal named Kishu Binchotan Charcoal. It cleans pores and removes oil and dirt gently and thoroughly. The thing I like best is that it doubles as a make up remover which means I only have to clean my face including my eyes once. It also nourishes skin with 23 types of plant oils, amino acids, silk powder and vitamins in honey and brown sugar.
Before I start cleansing, this was my nude make up of the day.
1) Remove the packaging of Black Paint Soap and put it into a bowl.
2) Add warm water of about 40C, making sure the soap is soaked in it. If you add hotter water, just be more careful and don't add too much. Add tap water to it to put the temperature down.
3) When the surface of the top has turned buttery or texture of black sesame paste (in about 40 seconds), you can start using it on your face. Try to use all melted sides of the soap as it will preserve the soap and its usability during drying.
4) For hard to reach areas like sides of the nose and eye area, I would use my fingers.
5) Massage your face for a minute to allow the charcoal particles in the soap water to sip into the pores and adhere to whiteheads and oil deposits for more effective cleansing.
6) Rinse face with warm water and massage gently. Try not to use too much force as it will cut off partially exposed comedones which will be removed later.
7) Dry the soap naturally on an open dish in an airy place.
Here's my face after cleansing. No eye make up remover or facial wipes were used at all.
The Black Paint Soap really removes my full face make up including the eyeliner and eyeshadow. Although it did get quite messy with the soap dripping and wasting a fair bit of it. I did got a bit of the soap into my eye but it didn't make my eyes red and stinging pain. This shows how gentle it is.
After cleansing and partially exposing the comedones, we need to remove them using the Black Konjac Sponge. It is made from konjac fiber kneaded with the same charcoal in the Black Paint Soap and other minerals that enhance absorption ability, remove excess oil and dead skin cells delicately.
1) Soak the Black Konjac Sponge in warm water for 3 to 5 mins until it's completely soft.
2) Squeeze out the excess water in the sponge but do not twist it.
3) Massage face with the sponge in a circular motion to extract the partially exposed comedones.
4) Rinse the sponge thoroughly and use both palms to press out as much water as possible. Hang the sponge by the white spring in an airy place to dry.
Here's how I look like after using the Black Konjac Sponge. Don't you agree that my face looks brighter?
First step is to use pore-minimizing toner toner. Best Water contains 30 types of minerals that deeply penetrates the skin to nourish and help restore skin's natural barrer to prevent moisture loss. It also prevents wrinkles due to dryness.
1) Pump 3 to 5 times of Best Water onto palm and use fingers to pat onto skin. Add a bit of pressure using palm for better absorption.
Here's look how I look after applying the Best Water.
2) For dryer areas like jawline and forehead, it is advisable to apply Best Water on facial paper and use as a mask twice a week. I put it on for 5-10mins.
1) Shake the bottle vigorously for at least 20 times until the 2 layers have been mixed well to become a milky solution like the picture below.
2) Pump 3 to 5 times onto palm and use fingers to apply onto face.
Here's how I look after using the Oil Water Rose. By now, my face is already smooth that even I can't help but to use my palm to feel it continuously.
Last but not least, I applied the moisturizer Water Cream. It contains Morocco's Argan Oil which improves skin metabolism and promotes moisture retention. Combined with different types of flower oil and polymeric silicon, it forms a protective veil against external environment. It is also scented with Lavender Oil and calms you down at the same time. Water Cream can be used this as a make up base too.
1) Take a pearl-sized amount of Water Cream and spread onto face
2) You may realize formation of water droplets while application. That's how hydrating it is.
The texture of the Water Cream feels light on the water and gives a slight cooling sensation.
Here's how I look after using all the Black Paint products. I must say I am impressed with how well the products work for me.
I do agree there are a lot of steps to take but trust me, you would be thankful that you did in the long run.
Black Paint and SampleStore is now having a contest for 3 lucky winners to win a trial set (worth $120). SImply click on the visual below for more information and Good Luck!
Black Paint products are available at Takashimaya B1, Isetan Westgate B2 and the
Black Paint Soap (120g) - $49.90
Black Konjac Sponge - $14.90
Best Water (100ml) - $59.90
Oil Water Rose (100ml) - $49.90